This is a great pasta salad for a picnic in Central Park or when you are tired and just dont want to make dinner in the summertime.
1 (16 ounces) package bow-tie pasta
2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
7 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 medium sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
½ small red onion, chopped
½ cup of pickled banana pepper rings
1 (2 ¼ ounces) can black olive slices
8 slices salami, chopped
½ cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
¾ cup olive oil
¾ cup red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 drops Basil oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients leaving dressing until last.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
- Toss dressing with pasta until coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- Serve in a large bowl and enjoy.
Tip: Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve, to maintain freshness.